Send in a sample for lab testing
Ecstasy/Molly tablets are now $100 (no longer $40 co-pay). All other ecstasy, blotter, or research chemical samples must be sent with $100 USD. For pharmaceutical tablets, capsules, powders, and herbal supplements of any kind (including pharmaceuticals and supplements considered to be counterfeit), the fee is $150 per sample. Material is destroyed after testing and will not be returned. No liquids or sticky/damp samples accepted.
Results for samples tested by this lab do NOT include mg/μg amounts. [Why?]
- Read all the instructions. Don't skip to the submission form.
- Send a full tablet, a whole blotter dose, or a very small amount of powder, 20-50 mg:
NO MORE THAN 100mg OF POWDER (approx. half a small capsule)!
- You will need:
Tear-proof exterior envelope (Mylar, carton, or padded)
Small crush-proof container that fits in the envelope (small baggie with sturdy seal, vial, or a small pill bottle wrapped in bubble wrap)
Piece of paper for the submission form
Money for the lab fee copay
- If you're using the DrugsData Analytical Sample Submission Form (PDF), please read this page to the end first. You can then either complete the fillable PDF and print it out, or print it out and complete it by hand.
- If you do not use the DrugsData Analytical Sample Submission Form: Write "DrugsData.org" at the top of the piece of paper. This is how the lab knows that the pill or sample is for our program.
- (if you're not using our printable form) On the same piece of paper, write all the information described in this list:
Date Acquired: When the sample/pill/chemical was obtained. (mm/dd/yy)
Name: Name that the pill/sample is known by or sold as in your area ("Diamonds", "Purple Lady", "Molly", etc.)
Code: Unique 5-digit code you make up ("AA73Z", "Sac15", "AABB19", etc.)
Your Location: Country, state, and city where you are.
Source Location: Source country, state, city if known where obtained (or "online")
Sold As: What the sample was sold as or represented to be. (MDMA, Xanax, Molly, 25I, etc.)
Expected To Be: What you think the sample might contain (contaminants suspected, inactive, etc.)
Payment Included: Amount of money included with the sample. ($100, $150)
Make note of your unique 5-digit code; save it. The code is not necessary, but some people are worried about their result being confused with others.
- Only if you submit more than one sample in a week: Use the last digit of your submission code to differentiate the samples, by writing the last digit on the baggie or vial that you put the sample in to make sure the lab can know for certain which sample is which.
- Determine the amount of payment:
We do not test cannabis, mushrooms, herbs, or vitamin products without pre-approval.
MDMA/Molly/Ecstasy Tablet (WHOLE UNCRUSHED TABLET REQUIRED): $100
Research Chemical Tablet (e.g. 2C-B) (WHOLE UNCRUSHED TABLET REQUIRED): $100
Powder (MDMA, cocaine, research chemical, etc.): $100
Blotter / Gel-Tab (WHOLE TAB REQUIRED): $100
Small Hard Candy (NOT cannabis-related): $100
Pharmaceutical Tablet or Capsule (WHOLE UNCRUSHED TABLET REQUIRED): $150
Vitamin or Herbal Supplement Tablet or Capsule: BY PRE-APPROVAL ONLY
Mushroom Edibles: NOT ACCEPTED (Check back for updates)
Cannabis Edibles: BY PRE-APPROVAL ONLY
Other Candy / Edibles: BY PRE-APPROVAL ONLY
Sticky / Resinous Substance: BY PRE-APPROVAL ONLY
Cannabis Material: BY PRE-APPROVAL ONLY
Mushroom Material: NOT ACCEPTED (Check back for updates)
Gel Cap: NOT ACCEPTED
Liquid: NOT ACCEPTED
DO NOT SEND MORE THAN 100mg OF A POWDER! 20-50mg preferred.
Partial Ecstasy/Molly/MDMA tablets are ineligible for reduced copays.
- Money orders can be used for anonymous payment and should be made out to "DDL".
- Checks are NOT accepted by the lab.
- Pre-payments can be made through Erowid, please see the FAQ for more info.
- Wrap the payment (US currency or money order ONLY) in the submission form and put it in the sturdy external envelope.
- Make the sample crush-proof. If submitting tablets or capsules, insert a little cotton, tissue, or bubble wrap into the container to prevent the sample from shaking around and breaking during mailing. Capsules and crumbly tablets often fall apart in transit and are harder to measure and identify; protect them inside a baggie.
- For powders: The simplest option is to place the powder in a capsule or small plastic bag. Please include at least 20 mg of material to make it easier for the lab technicians to handle. Do not send more than 100 mg of material, please. Samples exceeding this limit may not be processed.
- International Submissions: See the FAQ. If required to fill out a customs form, indicate "analytical sample" or "medical sample" as the contents. Most people choose to use a pseudonym (fake name) and most countries post offices do NOT require ID when sending an international package. For customs value, choose either the amount of cash in the envelope or the equivalent of $40 USD.
- Make sure the tablet, paper (or DrugsData Sample Submission Form), and payment are enclosed in the envelope and send it to the following address:
9845 Horn Road, Suite # 150
Sacramento, CA 95827
- Please do not send more than 1 tablet/capsule (whole tablets only, no partial tablets) or 100 milligrams (one small capsule's worth) of loose material to the lab per "sample". Multiple paid samples can be included in a single envelope, but it is critical that you keep them isolated using plastic bags so they do not cross-contaminate each other.
RESULTS FOR SAMPLES TESTED BY THIS LAB DO NOT INCLUDE mg/μg AMOUNTS. [Why?]
Results are published on DrugsData, typically 14-21 days after the lab receives the sample. Results are not emailed to senders.